Frequently Asked Questions
Apart from the class experience, each student will go through the whole process of individually completing a design and installation set up on a mock roof inside our facility. The training environment that we provide is as close to the real solar installation conditions as possible.
- Hands-on training makes up 50 percent of course curriculum
- Installation Training in Real-world Conditions
- State-of-the-art Facility with the only indoor grid-tied PV (photovoltaic) system on the East Coast
- Experienced, NABCEP certified Instructors
- Not bias to any particular solar training equipment
- Offer great out-of-state packages
- Convenient Location with easy access hotel, airport, transportation and city attractions
- Competitive pricing
As of December 1, 2010 Infinite Solar is a private school licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Our Solar PV Design and Installation and our Solar Thermal Design and Installation Courses are awarded with a Certificate of Completion.
Infinite Solar Certificate of Completion is a critical first step for anyone seeking to build a solar installation business. Certificate of Completion serves to:
- Identify installers as professionals, instilling consumer confidence
- Enable installers to distinguish their knowledge, skills and safety preparedness
- Validate resources spent on training.
An Infinite Solar Certificate of Completion also connects you to our Alumni Network program. You’ll receive product discounts, the ability to use our brand in your marketing, access to our marketing and sales materials, as well as support from our dealer representatives and technicians. You can also operate your solar installation business; however, some locations require all solar thermal and Solar PV installers to have additional certifications, such as NABCEP certification, or similar. It is your responsibility to understand what certifications are required in your local market and attain them. For your convenience we created a chart where you can find your state’s requirements. Are there any pre-requisites for the Solar PV classes?
While there are no specific prerequisites for the course, a good working knowledge of algebra and trigonometry are helpful in the design portion of the course. A basic understanding of electricity is also recommended.
We require a 50% deposit at the time of registration to reserve your seat for the class. Payment in full is expected the Friday before the class start date. Please refer to our terms and conditions Cancellation and rescheduling policy
Infinite Solar reccommends WSFS Bank. Please, contact Nathan Edmunds (small business relationship manager) if you need financial assistance.
Our 5-Day Solar PV Design and Installation Course and our 5-Day Solar Thermal Design and Installation Course are IREC accredited.
We recommend that all students bring laptops to class. Pens, pencils, notebooks, calculators, course manuals and all class materials will be provided.
Infinite Solar partners with the Quality Inn to provide our students with the special corporate rates. If you would like accommodations please call us at (215) 464-6460
(Note: Some of our training packages already include accommodations and the associated costs.) Out-of-State Packages available! Please call (215) 464-6460.
Our solar course attendees get a tremendous value for their tuition. Our course prices are very competitive however the tuition at Infinite Solar includes much more than other solar training facilities.
At Infinite Solar the course price includes the following:
- Access to our state-of-the-art solar training facility and our hands-on lab (no solar lab fees)
- All classroom materials, Wi-Fi access to online resources (technical drawings, installation guides)
- Full access to multimedia classroom and software
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch every day throughout the solar training programs
- Access to Infinite Solar alumni network
- Guest speakers, lab assistants and presenters
- School polo-shirt
- Certificate of Completion
In most classes there are people with electrical or some solar experience and those that are brand new to the industry. Infinite Solar provides our students with helpful class materials and an additional resource guide after registration so that students can familiarize themselves with the material prior to attending the course.
Our solar training classes are designed for professionals looking to expand their business to solar. Others with a background in solar, or a passion for renewable energy will also benefit from the course.